Sunday, January 8, 2012

Other home and other body envy...

Sometimes it feels like we are trying to make our homes become something they aren't and also trying to make our bodies something they are not.  I have always been short and had an athletic build.  I have tried to fight that most of my life.  When I work out I actually get bigger...clothes get tighter.  The one and only way I have ever had to reduce the size of my body is starvation and atrophy.  Not healthy!!  Why can't I embrace what I have?  Why do I envy the long and lean look when I am short and muscular.  I bet some of those tall women wish they were short and athletic.  We never want what we have!!  Well at 37 years old I think I am beginning to change...I am ready to embrace what I have.  I want the feeling of strength and health much more than I am concerned with the overall size.  I have lived through many years of anorexia and deprivation to get to this point.  To get to the point that what I have, that what I am is ok...acceptance is key!!!  Tall women you rock!!  Short women you rock too!!!  Just think someone out there wishes they could have your body so enjoy it!!!!

Now as for the home...I feel we do similar things with our homes.  We have other home envy...Just like we have other body envy.  We look at another house and think that we need to have a bigger house or a bigger kitchen, more bathrooms.  Every house has good parts and not so good parts and we need to learn to love and work with the whole house and most importantly the house we have.  Don't try to make it something it isn't but make it the best most beautiful house it can be and you will love it!!!  I post lots of pics of other homes not to create home envy but to inspire you to make the most of what you have and maybe play up a great space with something you are drawn to in the pics you see.  But if you have a country, salt-box colonial play up that with what makes those great instead of trying to make it into a four square city home.  Key again is acceptance of your home and look at it's character and see what would make it unique.

We live in our bodies and homes for only a short time!!!  Live it and Love it to the fullest!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment